How would you describe OSCAR?
Simply put, OSCAR is software that makes it easy to navigate a wide variety of healthcare supply-chain related databases, both proprietary and public. But easy navigation – no matter how simple – won’t let you Outsmart, Outmaneuver, or Outperform your competitors. And that’s the true value of OSCAR. It’s not about the data; it’s about what you do with it.
What differentiates StratCenter & OSCAR?
We operate on the assumption that people rarely want to buy “data” per-se. More often, senior executives simply want to set or validate strategy, and they want results. OSCAR differentiates itself by providing the tools that make it much easier and faster to achieve those results. There are a LOT of companies that sell data, but OSCAR is the ONLY resource that offers a true market penetration toolkit. That’s why we have earned more endorsements than all other resources combined. That’s the OSCAR difference. We deliver results.
What problems does OSCAR solve?
OSCAR allows you to leverage the strategic power of data. For example, clients love that OSCAR generates real-time MS Office documents, e.g., Excel, Word, PowerPoint. Need to find/segment your best customers? Yep. We have an industry-endorsed tool for that. Need to communicate those best customers to senior management? We have a custom PowerPoint that can do that for you. Need to provide your reps with the best possible targets in their own territories? Yes, we have that simple spreadsheet. Need a quick profile on that big customer for your boss? Yep. We have that Word document. OSCAR provides strategic solutions, or excruciating detail. It’s your choice, whichever delivers value at the time for a true market penetration toolkit. Whatever allows you to Outsmart, Outmaneuver, and Outperform your competitors.
What data sources publish on OSCAR?
Beyond StratCenter’s own proprietary data on GPOs, IDNs, hospitals, and alternate care facilities, we have well over 1,000+ different sources that publish on OSCAR. Large notable sources include CMS data (e.g., financials, procedures, etc.), nearly all the major newswires, the Food & Drug Administration (FDA), and OneView partners with formal Agreements in place like the AMA, Dun & Bradstreet/Hoovers, GHX, etc. We add insight as our clients’ specific needs dictate because our unique system can integrate ANY data source. This is a critical difference in OSCAR because it provides a platform that ensures you don’t buy something now, only to outgrow it later. That’s something that no other healthcare information company can honestly claim. In fact, OSCAR is the last system your team will ever have to learn.
How current is the data? Updates?
Different information sources update data at different frequencies. For example, some CMS databases are updated quarterly and yet others annually; others publish constantly in 15 minute intervals. Using proprietary software, OSCAR integrates hundreds of different sources and provides a constant stream of updates to the web efficiently and automatically, requiring NO additional work on your part. When a source releases an update, our Data Integration Team springs into action to publish that most current information for you. Further, our clients love our unique-in-the-industry “timestamp” on over 6,000+ data fields so they can see the exact release date. Bottom line? Using OSCAR, it’s easy to leverage the most current insight released, regardless of the source.
To see weekly stats visitÂ http://healthcaresupplychain.com/StratExact.aspx
Why is OSCAR my best choice for market intelligence?
- Your decision is reinforced because our Industry Endorses OSCAR. OSCAR is used by hundreds and hundreds of senior level supply chain executives. It is endorsed by such leading firms as MedAssets, Novation, ROi, and MAGNET, among others. Formal relationships with Dun & Bradstreet/Hoovers, AMA, and GHX allow you to leverage an industry-worth of insight. Endorsements prove OSCAR delivers because they can’t all be wrong.
- You win more business because it’s Strategic in nature, not Tactical. OSCAR provides strategic information to uncover new opportunities. It allows you to focus on the best possible opportunities. It gives you tools to quickly take action that take advantage of that opportunity. It’s designed to outsmart, outmaneuver, and outperform the competition so that you can get rewarded and begin a new advance.
- You save time because it’s automated. OSCAR is the only software that makes it possible for anyone to create presentation-quality analyses and sales tools in minutes. Instead of forcing you to develop these documents manually for each and every customer account, it assembles and personalizes them for you automatically, ensuring a professional result every time.
- You do more because it’s easy. OSCAR delivers its insight to you using tools you already know via Microsoft Office. You can use the materials “as-is”, or fully customize them in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- You work smarter because it’s comprehensive AND selective at the same time. With thousands of sources, you avoid Information Overlook. With OSCAR’s unique “Command Center” of your selected favorites, coupled with our proprietary filters that pulls back the covers only as much as you need, you also avoid Information Overload.
- It’s customizable and works like you work. If it’s not already online, OSCAR can integrate ANY database you can find into OSCAR for a truly one-of-a-kind tool that works exactly as your organization needs it.
- It’s developed by the country’s foremost authority on Healthcare Market Intelligence. StratCenter’s CEO and the creator of OSCAR, Patrick Michael Plummer, also created The MAX online database, which was his 1st generation product. He has dramatically improved each subsequent generation of market intelligence service by an order of magnitude, and continues to improve OSCAR each day. Patrick is widely considered one of the leading experts in developing strategy in healthcare, having authored a graduate-level textbook on gaining competitive advantage.
I can find another database cheaper. Why should I choose OSCAR?
OSCAR delivers Results unlike any “database” ever will.
Here’s a rule-of-thumb: if the difference between success and failure in whatever you’re trying to accomplish has limited benefit to you, then get the cheapest product you can. But if the difference is broader than that, choose a resource based on value, not on price. The much bigger cost to you is your time and the time of every single person within your organization that will use the information. How many decisions will be made based on this insight? What is the financial downside of not achieving your project’s results?Ultimately, you get what you pay for.
Here’s a quote you may find valuable as well:
“It’s unwise to pay too much, but it’s also unwise to pay too little. When you pay too much you lose a little money, that is all. When you pay too little you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot – it can’t be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run. And if you do that, you will have enough to pay for something better.” — John Ruskin
OSCAR is neither the most expensive nor the least expensive in the market. But as our endorsements show, OSCAR does yield the biggest bang for the buck in terms of ROI and in delivering VALUE.